Tuesday, July 21, 2009

More sewing and embroidery projects - completed!

I played with the fabric, I played with the thread and now I have two lovely embroidered pillows for my bed.

I made the pillow covers from curtain panels. Just measured the pillow forms I had on hand, cut the curtains, embroidered my designs, and sewed a few seams.

The curtain panels look like silk dupioni but are really polyester. The blue one is an extra from the set picked up at Pier One. The green one is from a bathroom I had two houses ago.

I have to share how well my machine handled the slippery fabric! No pulling, no gathering, no tension issues! I used a straight stitch and the basic A foot that came on the machine, super simple.

Talk about sew green - the only purchased for this little project was the embroidery design collection (thank you myembroideries half off summer sale!) and the variegated thread. Both will be put to good use again I assure you.

No comments:

Post a Comment