Monday, July 20, 2009

Ta da!


It took weeks - but the first bedroom pillow is done!

I love it! I used two different Sulky variegated threads to get the texture and colors right.

Do you know how many different types of variegated thread there are?

And they aren't all the same. Some are twisted, some slowly shift from light to dark, some quickly shift. It took some trial and error.
The Sulky Blendables were way too gradual, but I think they would be great for quilting. The Robison-Anton Twister Tweed came out like stripes, it might work for something less stitch dense or a one color design that you want to give some dimention to.

To make this project even more fun, I didn't have to buy any fabric for it. I used an extra curtain panel to make a super basic envelope pillow cover.

1 comment:

  1. It's beautiful!! I love varigated thread. Thanks for the info, I've only used the kind that makes the stripes!!

    ReplyDelete