Thursday, September 3, 2009

Pencil pouch planning

Say that three times fast. Super fast. Pencil pouch planning, pencil pouch planning, pencil pouch planning!


The first week of school has been great, hectic but great.


I have been planning the new improved pencil pouch. I measured the original and sketched it out so we could take a little fabric shopping adventure in my stash. At this point I'm thinking a fat quarter would do nicely, but a vinyl or oilcloth lining for the pouch interior would make it so much more useful.


Here is my first sketch.



There is some logic behind it: I'm thinking for a smallish bag a 1/4" seam will reduce the bulk, and I can always double sew the seams for security, I am also thinking that the interior or pencil pouch lining should be slightly smaller than the exterior so that it fits together nicely.


Did I miss anything? Do you have any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment