Thursday, July 23, 2009

Summer Skirt Sew-Along Started .... sort of

Can you say you have started a project if you have only selected the fabric and pattern? Does that count?

For the Summer Skirt Sew-Along over at Sew, Mama, Sew! I have already picked out the pattern from the Sew What Skirts Book. There is a classic A-Line with an Elastic Waist on page 19. It looks super simple, all you need are some basic measurements (waist, hips, waist to hips, and desired length) to complete the skirt.

I finally found fabric! It was the end of a bolt, so it was totally affordable. And it has black and camel which means it will fit into my wardrobe very nicely. I really want to make a skirt out of the new Joel Dewberry Antler Damask, but only after I perfect the pattern and sewing technique.

Here is the fabric I ended up ...


No comments:

Post a Comment