Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Bead Paradise

I have been venturing out more to find the sewing, embroidery, and beading supplies I want.

I recently discovered
Bead Paradise in Oberlin, Ohio. Set in a lovely little college town this shop has a very knowledgeable staff and a huge selection. If you like trade beads, seed beads, Delicas, Swarovski crystals, cathedral beads, stone beads, you name it - they have it.

In all honesty, my bead shopping list was tiny - I really just wanted to get out and explore. I went for white size 6 seed beads and some John James size 10 beading needles. You can get both of those anywhere. I left Bead Paradise with what was on my list, these lovely transparent amethyst size 8 seed beads and a wildflower mix of size 5 triangles and more. The triangles were a little pricey - but you can't always find them and I love the dimension they add to bead crochet.


My plan was just to start stringing the seed beads and triangles so I could do a little crochet this week when I needed a portable project.

I know this is not what Tupperware was intended for, but it is the best way I have found to store bead crochet. It works great when you are stringing, then once all the beads are strung it can sit safely until you start to crochet, then when you start working your project is already portable and ready to be tossed into whatever bag you are taking with you.

The stringing went so crazy fast that I thought, I'll just start a bracelet. Just a few rows. Watch a little TV, crochet a little, just relax for a bit and the bead crochet went so well that a few rows turned into this!





No comments:

Post a Comment