Friday, August 14, 2009

Next

I am still working on my Buttercup bag, it just needs the strap (but heaven help me I can't find my rotary cutter anywhere and until I do the bag will just have to be strapless).

So to keep me busy I started on the Child's Pool Robe from Sew, Mama, Sew!

I already have the materials:

But I've been thinking, I want to make the robe age appropriate for my 11 year old girl. So between the color and the accent fabric I think I am off to a good start. But what if I switched up the shape a bit? What about a kimono sleeve and a little more flow to the robe?

So I started by measuring my girl - I know highly scientific, but working with a recycled item like a towel means that most of the edges are finished for you so you have to work in the confines of its existing shape. Not traditional garment making, but so much fun!

So I measured her and sketched the basic sleeve shape I wanted directly on the towel. Here is the sleeve cut. I have bits of terry everywhere!


Over the weekend I will work on the neckline and front opening. But this is starting out well!

No comments:

Post a Comment