Monday, December 7, 2009

Scraps in the hoop

This is what I found in my stash to start playing with my Texture Hoop. Some denim, a bit of glorious dupioni silk, a bit of organza, basically some odds and ends with texture and visibility differences.

I really wanted to layer my fabrics/ribbons/textures. Just seemed like a good way to learn this hoop.

Not to mention I just don't have a ton of interesting ribbon or yarn in my stash right now. I had a crochet fest a few months ago and until those projects are complete I can't raid those supplies.

I still don't know what I am making, but the denim just seems like a great base fabric. I always like embroidering on it - not a lot of fuss or special sewing tools involved. Tear away stabilizer and any design work beautifully.

No comments:

Post a Comment